Tuesday, October 16, 2007

...the rain is gone

I've had my first check-up. I had no trouble reading the chart, and a bonus extra small line was revealed. I made a decent job of reading that, which means that my vision is now better than 20/20, or 6/6 in metric. It is more like 20/10, which means that I can make out detail at twenty feet that someone with normal vision could discern at ten feet. The downside at the moment is that I am not allowed to wash from the neck up for another two days. The main problem is salt encrusted eyelashes. I can't wait until I am allowed to rinse them! On a positive note, I bought myself a pair of Oakley sunglasses to wear in place of the less than glamourous shades that the surgery provided. It is nice being able to buy any sunglasses without bothering about prescription lenses. One of my fellow surgery victims was there for a check-up too. She was literally jumping for joy when she left. This kind of surgery reminds us jaded souls just what wonderful things are available to us in the 21at century. Give me my flying car, and a portable fusion reactor, and I'll be a happy man.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

You forgot the flux capacitor :) "where we're going, we don't NEED roads!" :) Anyways i found a cool site called baraaza.com
...thought id pass along some good knowledge :) congrats!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home